Stephen Humphries

The Blog Rat is part of my split personality of student journalist Stephen Humphries.

Reading these rants can bring comedy to lifes little niggles.

These rants are mostly one sided and make rediculous generlisations of people and life.

The majority of posts are revolved around Stephen's part-time supermarket job, where he works as a cashier on a cigerette kiosk.

Be prepared for some ill punctuation and the occasional spelling error.

Enjoy

@Steph3n_H

steph3nhumphries.blogspot.com
steph3nhhumphries.com

Monday 3 September 2012

Filling a box of flipping fries, apparently.

Tonight, after swimming, I took myself along to a well known fast-food restaurant, you know the offical restaurant for this years big events.

I can only hope that other restaurants are giving their staff some sort of mc-course or a mc A-level in how to fill a box of fries correctly.

For the past three years of purchases at this said fast-food drive-thru, when I ask for large fries I am forever driving off with half a box, meaning that I have the inconvience of going in and simply saying, "Sorry, I asked for a large, would you mind refilling this please?"

So many times now, I have been patronised and been told, "They have probably fallen in the bottom of the bag." No they fucking haven't.

Tonight, once again, I asked for a large and I walked away from the counter with a medium sided box of fries. I said to the lady behind the counter, "Sorry, did you charge me for a large?" as I wondered if she charged me correctly. She said "Oh yes, I did sorry" and took the box of fries back to the fry-filling deput.

She then threw the box of fries back in for some other poor fool to eat and then took a large box and shuffled some other fries into the box, like shuffling a pack of cards.

The fries fell everwhere back into the fry counter and I was then given a large box with a medium amount of fries.

Where's the logic there? Honestly.

No comments:

Post a Comment