Stephen Humphries

The Blog Rat is part of my split personality of student journalist Stephen Humphries.

Reading these rants can bring comedy to lifes little niggles.

These rants are mostly one sided and make rediculous generlisations of people and life.

The majority of posts are revolved around Stephen's part-time supermarket job, where he works as a cashier on a cigerette kiosk.

Be prepared for some ill punctuation and the occasional spelling error.

Enjoy

@Steph3n_H

steph3nhumphries.blogspot.com
steph3nhhumphries.com

Friday 14 December 2012

What is it with slow as fuck, thick as shit, people?!

On Thursday, a man and his daughter came to my checkout, they PILED all their shopping on top of each other, in a mess, and clearly with lack of common sense, as they pushed things on and hold things here, there and everywhere, as slow as possible too.

"Would you like any help with your packing?" Dad waved his hand, not sure whether that's a yes or no, but due to my quality training in customer care, I took it as a no and let them get on with it.

He stood there, daydreaming, while the daughter stands there like "duhhh" and slowly, oh so slowly, begins packing each bag with her dad like its a massive effort.

The shopping amounted so high that I had no room to move, despite spanning quite slow and ignoring my "22 items per minute" rule. So, as I usually do, I began to open more bags and then continued to span another 6 items, before stopping and returning to bag opening.

But there's only so many 6 million bags you can open, before you get to the point there is so many bags, so much shopping and two of the slowest people in the world packing it.....I was loosing the will to live, so I stopped spanning...

...and they slowed down even more, to the point we were all nearly at a stand-still.

So I thought ah fuck it, away with this, and continued to scan the left over unscanned shopping.

"£193 then please." Of course the man slowly took his bank card, stared out the card machine like it was something from another planet, inserted his card and reach the point of payment AND THEN grumped, "can I pay £10 cash?" So of course the card was pulled out and the card transaction had to be cancelled to submit the cash first.

The card went though. "There's your receipt and off you pop," I thought.

Then his daughter and him just stood at the end of my checkout having a discussion in a foreign language and there's my next customers trying to get to the bagging area?!

Sometimes you just wana say, fuck off out my shop and don't come back.

Idiots, (no they didn't have anything wrong with them, they were just stupid people.) I'm sure his daughter is lovely and hopefully doesn't seen that as a role model type figure.

No comments:

Post a Comment