Stephen Humphries

The Blog Rat is part of my split personality of student journalist Stephen Humphries.

Reading these rants can bring comedy to lifes little niggles.

These rants are mostly one sided and make rediculous generlisations of people and life.

The majority of posts are revolved around Stephen's part-time supermarket job, where he works as a cashier on a cigerette kiosk.

Be prepared for some ill punctuation and the occasional spelling error.

Enjoy

@Steph3n_H

steph3nhumphries.blogspot.com
steph3nhhumphries.com

Wednesday 3 October 2012

You are what you are - stupid witch.

TODAY I served an OLD lady, who's a regular to our store, I was polite and served her as I would any other customer.

At the end of the transaction and after taking her payment, I simply asked: "Are you collecting the vouchers for schools?" The voucher's the store issues to customers to donate to primary schools for equipment. The lady replied "Oh no, I'm not wasting my money on that" and then proceeded to make a 'hu' noise.

I said to her "Oh no they're free. Maybe you have a grandchild or know of somebody in school?" Zipping up the bag, she firmly replied "how DARE you speak to me like that!" as her hands started to shake, she went to turn away.

BAFFLED

I continued "I'm sorry?" The lady then came right up to my checkout screen, leaned over and said "Just because I look old doesn't mean that you can assume that I'm a grandmother, how DARE you!"

The lady turned and walked away and the face of myself and the customer behind was an identical picture.

I didn't know whether to laugh or remain speechless.

I looked at the customer, then back at the lady, then back to the customer and said "Would you like any help with your packing?"

The next lady replied "But she is old?!"

We live in the 21st century where people as young as 32 can be grandparents! How can she be so naive?!

I came home to tell my mum and she replied: "Seriously, that store needs bouncer's on its doors, I've never heard of anything like this."

They say today's youth's are the problem, no they are not.

No comments:

Post a Comment