Stephen Humphries

The Blog Rat is part of my split personality of student journalist Stephen Humphries.

Reading these rants can bring comedy to lifes little niggles.

These rants are mostly one sided and make rediculous generlisations of people and life.

The majority of posts are revolved around Stephen's part-time supermarket job, where he works as a cashier on a cigerette kiosk.

Be prepared for some ill punctuation and the occasional spelling error.

Enjoy

@Steph3n_H

steph3nhumphries.blogspot.com
steph3nhhumphries.com

Tuesday 2 October 2012

Third customer on a Sunday, and you're a twat.

AN OLD man queued at my till at 10 o'clock last Sunday and with a face like thunder too.

When I came to serve him I asked if he would like any help with his packing and the usual friendly customer service.

Declining my offer, I began the transaction. I then asked my friend Angie what hours she was working that day, she answered me, and then I told the man how much his shopping had come to,as I held my hand out to receive his money.

The man viciously threw his £10 note in my hand and then when I came to look at his face, he looked as though he wanted I start a fight. I said thank you.

The man huffed, puffed and mumbled something using the word 'customers.'

It was obvious he had a problem with me, so I replied "I'm sorry?"

"Oh, YOU fucking heard me!"

Confused, I said, "actually, no I never which is why I asked you again."

"Well maybe you should WAKE UP THEN!" He replied.

Embarrassed for him and trying so hard to think of a come back I said "£2.49 change, there's your receipt and if you're got a problem with my service then there's a supervisor there for you to complain to."

The man replied: "What's the fucking point? They aren't any good either."

"Yeh, ok then. Can I help who's next please?"

The next customer said to me, what the hell was that all about?

My thought's exactly.

"I know I may look tired and look like shit with bags under my eyes, but asking a colleague one question doesn't affect my scanning rates.

Fuck off, you sad, old, lonely loser.

No comments:

Post a Comment